In July of 2017, my son Daegan, and I rode our bicycles to the train station in Toronto, took the train to Montreal and then spent almost a week riding through Quebec, New York, and Vermont. Bicycle touring is one of our favourite ways to travel. Riding creates lots of endorphins that make you feel good, you burn thousands of calories a day and therefore it becomes not just your desire but your duty to eat a lot, and my favourite part is you never know just what’s going to happen or who you’ll meet.
I grew up in Vermont and so this part of the world is among my favourites. The cycling there is especially good with courteous drivers and great scenery. Do be prepared to climb a few hills though!
You can see the entries from that trip here:
- Well and Truly Underway
- Sitting Tight in Plattsburgh
- Riding Day Two – Plattsburgh to Vermont
- Ride Day 3: The Climbing Begins
- Rest day and Day 4
- Abandoned: Winnie’s World
- Ride Day 5 – or was it 5, 6, and 7?
- Summer 2017 Ride by the Numbers
- Ride Day 6: Back to Montreal – and Stormchasing